My name is Dustin Scott. I am a senior at the University at Buffalo majoring in Communication. I am originally from the New York City section of Queens. I graduated from LaGuardia Community College in 2007 with an Associates in Arts.
During my Community College days I worked a part time shift at former New York Radio Station “Free FM”. I worked primarily as a call screener for a nighttime talk show that was on weekends from 10pm-2am and occasionally did a weekday shift as well. It was a great experience because not only did I get to see how a radio station was run, but I got to meet really great guests including former Chicago Bears Coach Mike Ditka, DL Hughley, Bernie Mac, and several Penthouse Pets.
This past summer I sought an internship Century 21 Real Estate as a Rental Agent. I originally thought since I completed the mandated requirements of 45 hours of classes and passing the State Exam, that I would be able to receive my license. I was wrong because starting July 1st state law requires anyone trying to become a Real Estate Agent to complete 75 hours of classes including a passing exam. So as a result, I didn’t receive my license and therefore must take an additional 30 hours in order to receive my license. What a nightmare! Overall the experience was excellent. I met a lot great clients from upper middle class backgrounds who were looking for expensive apartments in Manhattan in the most trendy neighborhoods.
My all time favorite movie is Training Day with Denzel Washington, although The Dark Knight gave it a run for its money, but I think it fell short of greatness. I frequent a lot news and political sites that cover both sides of the spectrum. Sites such as dailykos.com, a political blog for people with left wing views, democrarticunderground.com, and globalresearch.ca.
I hope to do well in this class, obviously, but I also want to learn what the internet has to offer, and so far it has allowed me to discover blogging. I never actually thought I would be blogging as an actual class assignment and the fact that I normally read blogs and not write them.
http://mynameisinternet.blogspot.com/2008/08/writing-assignment-1-personal-context.htmlglobalresearch.ca
1 comment:
Thus far, your blog name is inaccurate. Nice post.
Post a Comment